Monday, September 29, 2008

First Day of School!

Today has been pretty amazing. I'm so excited about my classes and all that I'm going to learn for my masters degree!

My first class on Mondays is "Dance as a Socio-Cultural Practice." My professor is Andree Grau and she is awesome! She had my attention from 9:30am-1:00pm... can you believe that? There is so much to learn about dance and its place in culture. I love, love, love this class!

My afternoon class is "Looking at Dance" with Stephanie Jordan and it is going to be amazing as well. We studied the ballet Les Noces today and it was really fascinating because we took an interdisciplinary approach to analyze and understand the dance. I will be doing dance analysis in this class with a philosophical as well as anthropological approach. We even learned some of the choreography of the the ballet! Very exciting!

I know I am such a nerd, but I feel so happy that classes have started and can't wait to dive into all the reading! It's going to be really hard work but I'm so excited about all that I get to learn here. Dance Anthropology truly is my "dream masters program" and I can't believe this dream is a reality! Wow... I'm so blessed.

6 comments:

kristen kathleen said...

Hold it! I just saw a link to Emily Masterson's blog. Did I tell you that I worked with her at Maple Lake Academy?!?! Such a small world! So happy to hear that classes went well and that you are loving the London life!!!

Michelle said...

i'm so glad that you had a great first day! i knew you would love your program. i should blog...

Holly said...

so excited for you!

Katie said...

I just found your blog! yay! I'm so happy for you living it up in London! What an awesome opportunity. I look forward to reading all about your fun experiences!

ann said...

Sounds beautiful and fabulous! So glad you're loving your life...

leilani said...

It's a good thing to do what you love and love what you do. That's awesome Pen. Xoxo.