Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hooray for telephone booths...

So today I went shopping at ASDA, a store in London that is pretty much the equivalent to WalMart. I decided that I need to get a few things to spice up my room so it doesn't feel like such a prison cell (pics to come shortly). While I was waiting for the 265 bus it started to rain - actually pour. As I went to flag down the bus I guess he didn't see me cuz the 72 bus was in the way and the blasted thing didn't stop!!! The bus to ASDA comes every 10-12 minutes so I had to take cover and found safe haven in one of these:

Granted, the phone booth I was in wasn't as nice as these two, but it was sufficient. Now that I think about it, I wasn't even grossed out by being in the phone booth and by the many germs that were probably floating around in it! Ha! See, I'm overcoming the germaphobia already! Thank you London!

1 comment:

Hane-nahMarie said...

i was so bummed to hear that it was not these lovely crimson telephone booths that saved you this day. If the yellow magic school bus books and TV series had been the red magic telephone booth, it would be these very ones.