Saturday, September 20, 2008

Central London Photo Frenzy!

So the university has been putting on activities all week for the international students. Today was the "photo frenzy" in central london.... my first time there!!! It was really exciting. They made it like a scavenger hunt where they put us in groups of 6 and we had to answer 20 questions that were clues to the tourists spots, and then we had to take a picture with a disposable camera. We had to do it as quickly as possilbe because it was a race. Let me tell you... being the competative person that I am, I was all gung-ho at the beginning but it was soooo exhausting!!! By the end of it I was like - I don't even care anymore, just get me back to my flat so I can sit on my boutross! My legs are killing me now because we saw all 20 different places and were walking around from 9:30am-3:30pm non-stop. Needless to say, I'm pooped. Here are some pics from the event though. It really was fun.




This is me with one of my flatmates, Kat. She is from Philly and is also getting her MA in Dance Anthro! There are 5 of us - three from the states, one from Denmark, and another from Greece. This is a pic of me on the tube for the first time! Brought back a lot of metro memories in Paris...


It was a busy day with tourists everyone. Big Ben!



Buckingham Palace



The largest pelican I've ever seen just chilling in St. James Park!


A statue of Eros that we had to find and take a pic by for the frenzy. Rad is on my left from Serbia and Andy, Stephen, and Justin are on my right from Biola University in LA. They are just in London for a study abroad and I was pretty excited to meet them because Biola is a Christian school where they have a similar honor code to BYU. Cool!

These are just a few of the pics because most of the ones we took were on the disposable camera we had to use for the activity. There is so much to see and do! I'm so excited to explore this magnificent city!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

isn't the tube sooo much cleaner than the metro?

love the pics!

GreenTaiwan said...

So I know Justin from Biola myself. I met him when I spent a week down at the campus about two years ago. Thought I'd share it with you and yes I'm still trying to take care of your best friend for ya. You'll have to talk to her though to determine how I'm doing. Until next time...