Friday, October 17, 2008

One Month Mark!!!

Well my dear loved ones... it's hard to believe, but I have officially been in London for one month!!! Time has gone by so quickly, and yet, I also feel like I've been here forever. It's crazy! I'm absolutely loving London life. It doesn't quite feel like home just yet (other than my haven of a room) but the other day I did realize that I was running down the stairs of the station like a crazy Londoner so I could catch the train and I didn't even have to look at the signs to make sure I was getting on the right train. I think that makes me pretty "offish" wouldn't you say? Haha.

It's been awhile since I've posted anything so let me give you a little update:

Went to Camden Market with my flatmates and it was so much fun! This is kinda like Canal Street in New York but 50,000 x better!!! It's pretty amazing... blocks and blocks of all different kinds of shops and food. I decided to venture out and try some West African food... It looked so good and was surprisingly de-lish!


I ate the chicken in the biggest circular pan with the naan-ish type bread in the basket. Yum!

I've continued to waste my life away while waiting for the bus, but have tried to be more productive while on the bus. These are some pics from my first two double-decker experiences!

Kat and I being studious reading of course... we are dance anthropologists after all! People tend to think we have it easy being dancers and only having two theoretical courses per week. Well guess what... I go to the library every week and check out a new batch of 6 books or so to read. It's not all fun and games people.


By night, however, we are not so studious and things can get a little crazy on the bus! The flatmates and I were obviously bored on the way to central. Let's just say it had been a long day dancing... hence the leotard and tights. No explanation for the pensive look. Just me being lame and getting ready for British Next Top Model auditions. Ha!




Went to Tooting to get my National Insurance number to work and found a Primark on the way back home. I've been freezing my bootie off in this London weather and finally buckled down to buy a thicker coat. I just couldn't wait for Christmas break. Here I am smiling in my new furry-hooded coat... nice and warm!





Last but certainly not least, I've discovered two other things that make me smile and bring me great joy:


Dark chocolate digestives (all of you who have tried these know what I'm talking about... One word: amazing)


and...


these Haribo sour candies. Ummm yeah... you all know about my little obsession with sour candies so I'll just stop there.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

so, so, sooooo jealous! so many things i had forgotten about london until you posted them here. haribo makes the best little candies! and if you like short bread, you have to eat the round walker's short bread cookies. the round ones are just significantly better, for some inexplicable reason. it must be the concentration of goodness in the middle.

emily marie said...

try the yogert digestives,the Percy pigs, and the waffles :) miss you honey