Monday, October 6, 2008

The anxiously awaited pics...

It is time... I will now reveal my room to you all. Welcome to Willow House, Flat 3, Room 102:



This is my favorite part of the room:

My BED. Ohhh my beautiful bed! I bought the black and white reversible duvet cover and pillow case and those cute little purple pillows all on sale of course, and while they aren't dyer necessities, I swear they have brought me so much joy and comfort!


The WORST part about the room:


The BATHROOM. And just in case you didn't notice...


YES. That is the floor of the bathroom... No divider between the shower and all of the bathroom floor... as in... when I take a shower the entire floor gets wet. Yes, a daily flood in my very own bathroom. Lovely! It's just not sanitary people... Come on! I cringe at the thought of showering in the morning, though that little green mat that I bought helps me to not be as grossed out. I will say that I'm grateful for my private room and ensuite bathroom though cuz one things's for sure. The privacy makes it all worth it!

8 comments:

ann said...

Oh my gosh. I love it. This was my life in Sweden. Seriously. You have to get a squeegee for the floor! And make it a long handled squeegee so you don't have to be so close to the nasty floor. And wear flip flops. Eww.

Jana Taylor said...

Oohh...Penny! Well, you're actually a very fortunate Penny because you're in London, but I look at this floor and laugh (in a friendly, sympathetic way) because of all people who would detest this shower situation most, it would be you!! (Well, Zach would run a very close second, but you would still win) But hey, I was just surprised that you even get your OWN shower. Would you prefer one like those hostel/motels we stayed in throughout the French country? Remember the ones that went with THAT room (you know the one...that had that THING in the bed?!) The showers were little mildewed cubbies along the hallway!! EW. Sorry, mate. I suppose you'll be doing the on-and-off-and-on showers then? Just think about your adorable purple-flowered throw pillows while you're in there! Or you can think about London being RIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW!!

Michelle said...

your room looks so cute and cozy! love it. as for the shower, just be grateful that you didn't serve a mission in Brazil. i'll leave it at that.

Selena said...

I have to agree with Ann on the flip-flop idea. I even used them in the MTC showers! Somehow it makes it more sanitary... Poor Penny!

Penelope Celeste said...

Hehe. Thank heavens for flip flops!

Unknown said...

i totally have those EXACT same curtains in our flat.

Our flat is identical. only we don't have a shower. all we have is a bathtub. so we use a pitcher kind of thing to rinse off. i have become a bathing genius. :)

looks like a nice little place..cozy haha.

Penelope Celeste said...

Wow... Ok Amanda, I definitely have need to be grateful because it would be a struggle BATHING and using a pitcher to rinse off everday vs. SHOWERING. I'll start giving prayers of thanks for that bathroom floor. =)

Sebresos Travel Blog said...

Hey, Pen! Your room is cute! It looks nice and neat, and like you said, a little "haven". You'll get used to the shower. That's the type of shower I had in the hospital when I had Andre. It is quite nice that it's just your germs you need to worry about--no one else's. I love you and miss you, and am extremely proud of you.