Monday, November 10, 2008

I know, I know... it's been forever...

Hello world!!! Just in case you were beginning to worry... I am still alive and doing well!
My dear, beloved blog followers, you will have to find it in your hearts to forgive me. I'm a horrible blogger and will repent and try to do better! Let me give you a brief update with some pics and I will go back to the more frequent and much shorter posts... I'll start with the most recent news.

HALLOWEEN!

Well, Halloween is not as big of a holiday over here in the UK as it is in the states, but my flatmates and I did decide to venture out and experience our first uni BOP. Two words: never again!!! As my flatmate Kat said, it was like a "junior high dance gone techno." Bad, bad, bad... Sad really, cuz we sure looked cute as two can-can girls and a gypsy!

Getting ready for the BOP...

Pretending to have fun at the BOP... haha


BLAST FROM THE PAST

I got to meet up with one of my old friends from Bountiful, UT the other day - Bryan Larsen. He and his wife moved to Germany, and his work brings him to London often. It was great seeing a familiar face, catching up, and eating yummy Italian food in Covent Garden.

We had a lot of fun walking all over central London. Here we are by the Eros fountain.


RICHMOND

Met up with girls I met at church, Jade and Kendall to have the Richmond tour and experience. It was a cold day, but was worth going out for the shopping, chocolate shop, seeing the apartment where "Finding Neverland" was filmed, walking through book shops, free hot chocolate, and visiting the oldest bridge on the Thames, Richmond Bridge. Truly a picturesque place!

Richmond Bridge!

Me freeeezing walking along the Thames!


ROXY

One of the funnest nights in central with the flatmates at Roxy Bar. Meghan knew the owner from when she lived in London before. We were treated like VIPs with free unlimited drinks and a personal tour of London on the way back to Roehampton.


STILL WAITING

Yes, everyone it's true. Not much has changed. The majority of my life still consists of waiting for the bus. However, I have learned to make the process a little more exciting. Rather than just sit there hot and bothered (actually very cold and bothered) like this:




I have found something to do that helps pass the time:


What can I say... even if it's a ridiculous hour in the morning, it's freezing cold, and people are watching probably thinking I'm crazy... I love to dance!

8 comments:

Holly said...

yay! i'm so glad you're back!

Jonathan said...

eee... at least you LOOK HOT while cold and bothered. nicely done. make sure you're enjoying yourself tium. love love. xoxo.

leilani said...

ok that last comment was from LANI not Jon. he was logged onto my computer. LMAO. xoxo.

kristen kathleen said...

Penn, remember that plan way back when where we decided that the three of us were going to charge Paris and essentially take over the arts? You at the Paris Ballet, Ann as the opera diva, and myself as a curator at the Louvre??? Remember that? The more I see of you in London, I think we may need to make a slight adjustment. You can be the prima ballerina for the Royal Ballet, Ann can be the prima donna for the Royal opera, and I'll be an exhibition designer at the Museum of London (you know, those Elgin marbles always need a stellar display....). What do you say? Weekend trips to Paris are a must, but London is tempting me more and more. =) Loved the post - and love you too!!!

Brian&Em said...

PENNY!!!I tried calling and emailing with no success. I thought you disappeared off the planet. I'm so glad I found you and you are doing well. I would love to hear from you, dear old friend!I miss you!
Em

ann said...

I think Kristen's got a point. London is definitely an option. And I'm so jealous that you got to hang out with Bryan! I haven't seen him for ages! And I love that you dance on the crosswalks in the dark. Can't wait to see you in December!

Selena said...

Oml. You look so pissed off in the one waiting for the bus...HAHAHA! You need a gameboy or something. Or dancing works too...LOL! xoxo

Alexis said...

Penny,
It looks like your having a fab time in London! I'm glad to see you looking so happy! Can't wait to see you at Christmas.