Sunday, December 13, 2009

Must Just Be Life...

It's an interesting thing... During the month of October I submitted my Masters dissertation, and the process of completing the written portion as well as the supplementary video I included was one of the most stressful things I've ever experienced. Upon completion I found myself looking forward to a stress-free future...

Then came November, and with it the stresses of figuring out what to do next. I began researching different job opportunities as well as PhD programs. I then began the process of applying for PhD programs and all that comes with it - requesting transcripts, getting letters of recommendation, writing essays and personal statements, etc. Not so stress-free.

Now in the month of December, I've found myself stressing again, trying to get in shape and get ready to perform as the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Nutcracker. It's been years (literally) since I've done pointe. What was I thinking committing to such a role?!

So, I'm beginning to wonder. Either I'm a magnet to stress-inducing things, OR life just doesn't get easier or less stressful. Hate to break it to you people, but I think it's the latter.

2 comments:

Brian&Em said...

Congrats on everything Penny!! That's amazing! I'm so sad I didn't read your post earlier so I could have come to see you perform. I'm sure you were spectacular!

rachel huss said...

i'm so happy to find your blogg, they're so much better than FB. i miss ya but am glad to hear you're doing so well! love ya!